The Florey Primary School P&C association has been running since the school opened in 1989. We have a strong and active team consisting of local community members, parents from the primary school and parents from the preschool. We meet regularly to discuss ways in which we can contribute to and improve the school and local community culture.
Florey Primary School P&C considers our community to be:
- families connected with our school
- teachers and staff of our school
- anyone within the priority enrolment area (the suburbs of Florey, Scullin, Page and part of Belconnen)
To help our students achieve the best they can by working with the school and with the community.
- Develop rapport and trust with students, teachers and staff
- Help create a positive learning and community culture inside the school
- Assist teachers and staff to achieve their learning objectives
- Be community leaders within our community area
- Fund-raise and contribute financially to the improvement of the school resources and infrastructure
- To have a good time and promote that being involved is fun
Our Action Plan
- Our association is involved with the development of the children in our community and our community in general
- We work with surrounding P&C associations and schools to provide the children in our community with a continuously supportive schooling experience from preschool to college
- We engage with and contribute to the ACT P&C association council, the parent body of ACT P&Cs, for state-wide development
- As the key community service in our area, we are actively building local community relationships
We have a number of active projects that support our goals. At present we have a major fund-raising project to refurbish the basketball court with an improved surface. Other on-going projects include subsidising whole-of-school events and other minor ad-hoc school and community assistance.
Our past projects have been to raise funds for new home readers, sports equipment, furniture, air conditioning and computing equipment.
In addition to our projects, we also run a number of services throughout the school week.
The canteen provides a healthy food alternative for students. See the canteen web page for the menu and other details.
The uniform shop is run each Wednesday during the term in the hall from 8:45am-9:45am. The shop sells both new and second-hand clothing. Orders outside of this time are possible through forms available from the front office.
Scholastic Book Club
The book club orders are taken twice a term via forms provided to students.
School banking is collected each term on Thursday mornings at 9:30am in every class unit. If you have questions, comments or wish to register, contact the banking team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for high performing students
The P&C provides opportunities to fundraise with families to support students participate in co-curricular events. For further information, including criteria and application process, click here (local document link – P&C support for high performing students.pdf 347.9 KB).
If you would like to be involved with our P&C association, or you want to contribute to our community, there are a number of options available:
- provide once off suggestions and ideas by contacting the P&C via the public email address email@example.com
- be an active contributor and receive updates from the P&C by joining the P&C email group (access can be requested via the public email address)
- be an active member of the P&C by attending and contributing at the P&C general meetings (held Tuesday evening from 7pm-9pm on the 3rd and 8th week of each term)
The P&C general meeting minutes are available upon request and are sent to all members of the P&C email group.Being involved with our school community doesn’t just sit with the P&C; if you want to be directly involved with your child’s school development talk with your children's teachers about assisting in classrooms or being involved with excursions.
Tuesday weeks 3 and 8, every term
Tuesday week 5, term 1
Mother’s Day Stall
1 day in the week leading up to Mothers Day
Father’s Day Stall
1 day in the week leading up to Fathers Day
Discos (run by the Canteen)
1 day in week 7 of Terms 1, 2 and 3
For all and any queries, please contact us via our public email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via the school front office.