Florey Primary School Board meets twice a term and is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the school.
The functions of the School Board include:
- establishing the strategic direction and priorities for the school
- monitoring and reviewing school performance
- developing and reviewing the school's policies, guidelines and procedures
- approving the school budget
- overseeing implementation of the school's curriculum, and
- developing relationships between the school and the community, including encouraging parent participation in the school.
The School Board consists of:
- the Principal of Florey Primary School
- 2 elected staff members
- 3 elected parents and citizens members
- 1 independent member appointed by the ACT Government
The School Board year runs from 1 April – 31 March. Elections are held annually in February and the new School Board elects the Board Chair at its first meeting in April.
If you would like to discuss any ideas or issues with a Board member, please call the school and a Board member's contact details will be passed on to you.
Annual School Board Report
External School Review Report
School Strategic Plan