Florey Primary School desires its children to develop enquiring minds and a positive attitude for exploring and interpreting the environment. The aims of the Science program are to ensure:
- Children enjoy science and develop their skills at their own rate within a safe environment;
- The acquisition of factual knowledge, concepts, skills and attitudes which can have both a present and a future influence on a child’s ability to cope with the environment;
- Interesting, exciting and relevant experiences are presented in order to generate a lifelong interest in the environment and develop aesthetic awareness;
- Children become scientifically literate so they are equipped to make informed and responsible decisions;
- That science education empowers children in a dynamic world enabling them to manage and initiate change.